Monday, February 1, 2016

#InkRipples~ Chocolate!


Chocolate. Just hearing the word makes my mouth water for a piece of that creamy, cocoa confection of awesome-sauce.

In case you can’t tell, I LOVE chocolate. In fact, I’m always amazed when people say they don’t like it. I’m like, really? How can you not like this amazing food?

I have author friends who have to have chocolate covered espresso beans or a piece of a specific brand of chocolate during their writing sessions. Other friends use it as a reward system: if I get ‘X’ words done, or if I write myself out of this scene I’m stuck in, I can have a piece of chocolate.

I don’t do either of those things. If I’m writing, I tend not to eat, and my coffee/tea goes cold as it sits untouched at my side. If I’m stuck, I get up from the keyboard and do something else while my subconscious works on my problem. For me, while I love chocolate, it isn’t a motivator or a “must have.”

Anyway, back to chocolate. Mm. Chocolate.

When I think of chocolate, I think of goodies. And that makes me think of cooking or baking. Being a kid and spending some time in the kitchen with my mom.

One of the earliest recipes I learned was for a form of chocolate cookie called “No Bakes.” My mom used to make these all the time. They’re quick and super easy to make. In fact, this recipe I pulled from Quaker’s website is just like my mom and I used to make!




No Bakes

INGREDIENTS:
2 Cup(s) granulated sugar
8 Tablespoon(s) (1 stick) margarine or butter
1/2 Cup(s) Low-fat milk
1/3 Cup(s) baking cocoa
3 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)

PREPARATION:In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in oats.* Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until firm. Store tightly covered.

*If using old fashioned oats, cool mixture in saucepan 5 minutes.



Don't forget to swing by Katie and Kai's blog for their chocolate themed posts. If you're tossing your own ripple, be sure to leave me a link in the comments and don't forget to tag #InkRipples!!





6 comments:

  1. Yummy recipe! I'm so going to do that with the kids (who cares if they're in high school and will likely roll their eyes at me!)

    I don't eat, snack, or drink while I write either. Just too engrossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your kids will love them (and love to make them with you!) They're a great, quick snack. And kind of healthy. :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome sounding recipe! I'll have to try it out.

    I tend to drink tea and munch on a snack (usually salty, though once in awhile sweet) while I'm writing. And I do looooove a good chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Chocolate cake :-)

      Hope you and the boys enjoy the cookies!

      Delete
  3. That recipe sounds delicious. Must give it a try. My post is at http://beverlystowemcclure.blogspot.com. Happy eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev! Heading over to your #InkRipple now.

      Enjoy the cookies!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.