Friday, November 1, 2013

MASKED LOVE by Nicole Zoltack

Today I am thrilled to be a part of Nicole Zoltack's release day celebration for 

MASKED LOVE!!!!



Isn't that cover just wonderful??



You can read my review of this Regency Holiday Romance, published by Swoon Romance, HERE

Now, Nicole isn't just a super talented author, she's also a good friend of mine. And, like any good friend, she convinced one of her characters to interview with me.
So, without further ado, I present to you Isabelle!

MW: Welcome, Isabelle and thank you so much for coming over to chat with me. I really enjoyed reading your story, and I know there are many others out there who will love your tale as much as I did. Being Lady Theodosia's maid, you must have been quite worried about being found out at the masquerade ball. What made you agree to her plan?

Isabelle: Oh, I was so worried! I didn't want to disgrace Lady Theodosia or her family. I desperately didn't want to get caught. It was such a silly thing to do, but Lady Theodosia was so worried about meeting her betrothed for the first time the next day that she wanted to make certain she knew one friendly face behind the masks. Lady Theodosia has always been so good and kind to me. I didn't even think about refusing her.

MW: I can understand that. Think back to the first time you met your masked suitor. What word first comes to mind when you think of him in that moment?

Isabelle: I had been so flustered! I was quite beside myself. The first word... Well, it would have to be shocking. Shocking that he would pick me out of the crowded room full of beautiful ladies to talk to and dance with. And shockingly handsome, of course!

MW: Ah, yes. Lord Adrian is quite handsome. Did you ever wonder if perhaps the man behind the mask was a groom, masquerading on behalf of his master, as you did?

Isabelle: Why no! What Lady Theodosia asked of me just isn't done. To think that another man might have been there on behalf of his master never crossed my mind.

MW: I guess I'm just a bit more suspicious than you. Could have to do with the gentleman I have masquerading as a prince in a story, but that's for another time. What is your most favorite thing about Adrian?

Isabelle: That he sees me. He actually sees me. Most men, even male servants, don't see me. I'm just a lowly handmaiden to them and unworthy of their time. But Adrian doesn't allow our different classes to shield his eyes. I never dreamt that anything like this could ever happen to me.

MW: That is so lovely. I can see why you fell for him! What is your most favorite Christmas memory?

Isabelle: Oh, I have too many to share! Christmas with my mother was wonderful. She used to get me small trinkets or presents to show how much she cared for me. Present giving isn't usually done at Christmas time, but it's something we shared.

MW: What a lovely memory. OK. Now time for a few random Christmas questions. What's your favorite Christmas Carol?

Isabelle: Now that is another impossible question to answer! I love all of them and know all the words by heart. I do tend to sing "While Shepherds Watched their Flocks by Night" and "Here We Come a-Wassailing" a fair amount.

MW: Great choices. Mine's "O Come, O Come Emanuel". There's just something about the minor key that calls to me. What's your favorite Christmas food?

Isabelle: Marchpane, a delicious cake I only ever eat after the Christmas meal. Just the smell of it baking makes my mouth water and gives me hope and much happiness.

MW: I have often read of marchpane, but never eaten it. I think I will need to rectify that this year! What's your favorite Christmas tradition?

Isabelle: I enjoy everything about Christmas, especially the church service, but also the lighting of the Yule Log. It warms the entire house and makes me feel so much lighter and happier, despite my mother's passing.

Those truly are great traditions. Thank you so much for visiting, Isabelle.


Now, I'm sure after all that, you want to know more about Isabelle's story. So, here it is! (Go ahead, swoon some more over the cover!)


Title: Masked Love

Author: Nicole Zoltack

Genre: Holiday/Christmas Regency Novella

Publisher: Swoon Romance

ISBN: NONE

Publication Date: November 1, 2013

Formats: eBook (mobi and ePub)


Masked Love by Nicole Zoltack
Isabelle is content being a maid, and will do anything for her lady, even accompany her to a masquerade ball. Lady Theodosia needs extra support and encouragement on this night, for tomorrow she will meet the man her parents have pledged her to.
Isabelle has never had occasion to attend such an event, and is at first ill at ease. But meeting an enchanting young man during the course of the evening makes her wish for a life she can never have. Thinking she will never see him again, she returns his flirtation and even reveals her face. Imagine her shock when he shows up the next morning, announcing his claim on Lady Thedosia.
Isabelle does all she can to avoid Lord Adrian Wingave, but then he not only sees her, he recognizes her. To make matters worse, Isabelle fears her feelings are not one-sided. Torn between duty and desire, Isabelle hopes for something more this Christmas.



Nicole Zoltack
Nicole Zoltack loves to write fantasy/paranormal, romances, horror, and historical, for all ages. When she isn't writing about girls wanting to be knights, talking unicorns, and zombies, she spends time with her loving family. She loves to ride horses (pretending they're unicorns, of course!) and going to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, dressed in period garb. Her current favorite TV show is The Vampire Diaries.


@swoonromance
Facebook.com/SwoonRomance








2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.