Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

Today I am sharing a few links with you I thought you might enjoy or find a use for.

First up is a link to one of our camping buddies' site for a really cool sounding recipe. BROWNIE IN A MUG. Go there, you know you want to. Doesn't that sound like an awesome way to get that chocolate fix you're craving?

I enjoy using freeware products, in fact, I use OpenOffice when I am writing (or LibreOffice if I am on the netbook).

One thing I highly recommend is backing up your data somewhere "in the cloud". There are many places that offer free storage or lots of storage for a small fee. I am currently using Dropbox to upload my WIP files to. I can access them from any computer, and if my hardrive or jumpdrive fail, I haven't lost my work. You do have to remember to upload from your jumpdrive, but it will sync the files you save into your dropbox folder automatically.

Do you have any cool sites we should check out or any products you can't live without? Share below.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ping back. That brownie is pretty good for something that I can throw together in about 5 minutes.

    I'm also a big fan of Open Office. Unfortunately, some of my work stuff is required to be done on M$ Office.

    Dropbox is very useful, especially if you need to share a really big file with someone since mail often will not allow sending large files.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I don't have any cool sites. :( I guess my kids are right when they say, "you are SO not cool, mom."

    I haven't tried the Cloud yet, but I am definitely going to look into it. right now I back up on three different flash drives just in case I lose on or one gets damaged.

    I like the sound of that brownie!
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to see what is going on.

    I love Dropbox....I use it all the time.

    Brownie in a Mug sounds quite decadent. :)

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.