Thursday, March 1, 2012

Social Media Quandry

I have a twitter account and a facebook account, but with working full time, having a family, and squeezing in time for writing, I find I miss out on what is going on on the social media outlets.

I have never been the type to just say- 'Hey I'm going to XZY to have ABC.' I am more the use it to  repost things others have said, or to let people know I have a new blog post- usually in the morning before I head off to work.

So, for those of you out there who tweet and facebook during the day, how do you do it? Do you have a full time job and sneak in during breaks? Is there some way of writing a tweet and having it auto post at a later time(that would be kinda cool!)? Or, do you think twitter and facebook are over rated?  Looking forward to what you all have to say in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. I rarely ever read on Facebook and I post even less. For me, it is a waste of time that I can be using for other things.

    I think my biggest dislike is the serial posters. You know the ones that tell every part of their day?

    "I'm hungry"
    "I'm going to grab a bite to eat."
    "Maybe a sandwich."
    "Mmmm, that tuna sandwich sure hit the spot."
    "I wonder what I'm going to make for dinner."

    You know the ones. Drives me nuts. If there is something that is important, by all means, share. But you're hungry???

    That's why I'm never on.

    Sorry about the rant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a smart phone and I still can't keep up!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.