Monday, February 6, 2012

Much Needed Thanks

Last week I dug into my revisions on QUEST and began to get feedback from my CP's (Critique Partners).  And it was all over the map-- making me very frustrated with determining what was an actual problem and what was just opinion.

Enter a group of people who read for me (or offered to in the future), talked with me, and helped me find my footing. 

So, without further adieu, here they are:
 
Katie, Trisha, Elizabeth, Fiona, PK, Nicole, Ciara, Crystal

Thank you all so much for your time, eyes, and words of encouragement!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for awesome CP's! Good luck Mary:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I had feedback from an agent after winning a full ms crit. She felt I didn't start the novel in the right place. She felt the first chapter should start earlier in the story (there's a first). But another agent felt the story started on chapter 4, and made a revision request based on that. But she only read the first 50 pages (she didn't want to ruin the ending if I resubmitted), and all my beta readers agreed with the first agent's comments (eventually). If I cut the first three chapters, a lot of important things (plot, characterization, mystery, foreshadowing) get cut. Talk about conflicting advice. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome and I'll return the thanks for your comments on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good group of readers you got there, Mary! :)

    I know what you mean with regards to the multiple layers of feedback causing headaches. Sometimes it gets difficult to pinpoint exactly what is wrong and what simply isn't someone's personal taste. The key, as you pointed out is to keep circulating until you see patterns in the feedback.

    Good to see you around, BTW!

    EJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.