Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What a Crazy Week

Sorry I missed you all on Monday-- it was the start of a busy week after a busy weekend.

Friday, with all of us off for Veteran's Day, we headed to New Jersey for the Devil's Capitol's hockey game.  And what an experience it was.  We had planned to go to the Liberty Science Museum, but traffic delays had us arriving almost an hour later than planned, so it will have to be on a different trip.

We did spend time in the Ironbound district (learning afterward that this is known as Little Portugal).  It was fun walking around the shops and eating there.

Then came the game.  We had seats 11 rows up from the ice, near the goalie.  I love hockey, we go to a few (more now that dear son is playing) AHL games a year, but none of us had ever been to an NHL game before.  I cannot tell you how amazing it was.  The speed of the game, the agility of the players.  I had always known Alex Ovechkin (Washington Capitol's Left winger) was an awesome player, but seeing it in person put it in perspective.  The speed, the effortless look to his skating, and the stick handling were so much more impressive in person.

Being Veteran's Day, they had several times they honored the men and women who sacrifice and serve to allow us the freedoms we have today.  It was so wonderful to see the applause and standing ovations from the crowd.

So, how was your long weekend/week? Share below.

NaNo Update:
11/11- 0
11/12- 1241
11/13- 4781
11/14- 309
11/15- 739 (finished TLP!!! YAY!!!!)
11/16- 1913 (Started Quest!)

Total so far: 16351 (Hmm-- if I keep it up, I might just make that goal after all!)

BTW- thanks for all the support in the comments last week.  I really appreciated it.  Just want you all to know, I am happy with what happens, no matter the word count.  The story is my real goal!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you finished your book.

    Just keep plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great weekend. Keep plugging away at the words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm jealous. I'd love to go to a hockey game with friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.