Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Columbus Day!

Hope you all had a great weekend.  We sure did!  My son had early ice time for hockey this weekend (on ice at 7AM both days).  We decided Saturday would be the perfect day to go to the PA Renaissance Faire, and it was.  The weather was gorgeous, and the crowd was HUGE!

We wandered around and watched a few shows, looked at the shops, played some games (my hubby was declared a king by Queen Elizabeth after winning the test of strength).  But for me the most two most interesting things were the Royal Falconer show and the Artillery Demo.  I learned about the Trained Band (which I had never heard of) and experienced the feel of a shock wave when they fired the artillery.  And learning about the way birds were used for hunting made me thirst to know more and incorporate that into a novel (I have the perfect character and story line to put it in with!)

So, what did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time. I love going to the PA Ren Faire.

    My weekend was devoted to son #1 turning 3. He had an awesome birthday weekend, and was pooped out by the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh a hockey player in the family. That in itself is just pure awesome. I love hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time. We haven't been to our Ren Fest in several years. I think there are 2 more weekends. Maybe I'll takl Karen into going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green of your blog.

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.