Monday, April 25, 2011

Choices

I am at that stage where I am starting to look for agents to query.  The MS is sitting, waiting for some final feedback, before I read through again searching for those typos and grammar errors (I never seem to find them all!) and I am formulating my list.

A CP asked me who was on my list, and made some suggestions to me for people to add, and it got me thinking--how do others create their agent wish list?

I've been looking at Publisher's Marketplace and then checking out the sites the agents work at (or their own sites in some cases), learning what I can about their likes/dislikes to see if my story is one that will interest them.  If I like what I read, and they show an interest in my genre, they go on my list.

What about you?  How do you create your agent wish list?

3 comments:

  1. Tons of research. QT, AW. . . I read agent intereviews too in order to get a better sense of their personalities and whether or not I think my work would be for them. Good luck Mary - I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a lot of research too and also compile a list. I look at who they represent to see if I'm the right fit. Nathan Bransford has a cool post up today about Spagetti agents. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on this leg of your journey. I also agree with the research klnow who you are sending your work to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.