Monday, January 31, 2011

A Busy Muse

Last week I was revisiting a WIP from the summer for some editing.  It is a stand alone sequel to Quest of the Heart (aka Sleeping Handsome).  Saturday morning after I was up and about, my muse dumped a new version of Quest into my mind that will fit much better with this sequel and the others that are floating in my mind.

So, this week finds me writing at least 2 (hopefully 3) chapters of The Ruby Dagger (the weekly chapter exchange project I am working on), as well as getting out this newest version of Quest.

How are things going with you?  Have you completed a WIP only to find a new way to tell the story that starts it closer to the action?  (Mine now starts with the important incident in the first chapter, and will be geared more towards YA than MG-- which is where I needed to go).  Hope your muse is being good to you!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Mary!!!! You'll be so thankful you made those revisions and I think your 2-3 chapter goal is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice when things in your MS click and you just have to write! Good luck.

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.