Friday, October 8, 2010

Recipe Friday

With fall here, and Halloween just around the corner, I thought I'd share with you a recipe for Pumpkin Seeds.  We use this recipe every year when we carve our pumpkins into jack o'lanterns.  (Pictures of those will go up soon- after we get the pumpkins and carve them, that is!)

Special thanks goes to my friend Terry "With-a-Y" for the recipe!

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Preheat oven to 300
2 cups seeds, well washed
3 cups cold water
1/2 cup salt

In a large pot, mix water and salt, stirring to dissolve.  Add seeds and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for 1/2 an hour.  Remove from heat and drain.  DO NOT RINSE.  Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.  Cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.  (Look in on them in the last ten minutes to be sure they don't overcook.  They will be a light golden brown.)  Store in a dry place.

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love these. They are one of my most favorite treats to munch on when they are in season. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina:
    You're welcome. Hope you enjoy them. I plan on making some this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.