Friday, September 17, 2010

Recipe Friday

I love fresh baked cookies, but there are times I want cookies but don't want to go through the hassle of mixing the dough.  Well, when I discovered this three ingredient recipe for peanut butter cookies I was certain they would never work.  They have since become my go to cookie.  (And if you are (or have friends who are) gluten intolerant-- you can eat these!)


3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

350 degree oven
1 cup peanut butter (your choice crunchy or creamy-- I use creamy)
1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
1 egg

(Yup.  Those are all the ingredients you need.)

Whisk egg in bowl.  Add sugar and mix.  Add peanut butter and mix.  Dough will be tacky, but not really stick to your fingers.  Scoop up by teaspoons and roll into ball.  Place on cookie sheet a couple inches apart (they don't spread much)  criss cross with a fork then bake for 10-12 minutes.

Variations:
Mix as above and add about 1/2 cup of miniature chocolate chips.  Follow remainder of recipe.

Mix as above and press into 8x8 greased pan.  When removed from oven, pour half a bag of chocolate chips on top and let soften.  Spread the softened chocolate over the top, cut into squares when hardened.



Do you have a favorite cookie recipe?  Share it in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I have no real sweet tooth, but I have a major weakness for all things peanut butter. I'll be making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EJ- let me know what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds delish! I have an amazing sugar cookie recipe that's been passed down for generations. I make them every year for Xmas and it's a whole day affair. (since i make like 6 dozen.
    Anyway, the recipe is too long to type here, but I'd be happy to email it if you're into the sugar cookie thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PK-

    If you want to e-mail it to me, I can put it in in a future Recipe Friday post (with your permission to share it, of course :) )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.