Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back on Track

I've been trying to get back in the habit of blogging at least Monday through Friday, and so far it is going well.  All of you who are following and commenting are keeping me at it!  Thanks!!!

The other thing I am trying to get back into is walking 3-5 days a week.  I was doing this last year at this time, and noticed a big change in my breathing (I have asthma) and my waistline.  Unfortunately, I stopped during the holidays and fell out of the habit.

Yesterday, I got on the treadmill and did a half mile.  I know-- I wanted to do at least a mile, but I was waiting for my contractor to arrive (our deck is getting built! Yea!!) and didn't want him to think I wasn't home.

My goal is to walk Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (as I did last year.)  I am posting it here so you all can help encourage me to get back into the swing of things.  (If it works with writing, it must work with other things, too!)

What goals are you working to achieve?  Post in the comments.

Upcoming Posts:
WCC Wednesday
Recipe Friday
POV

3 comments:

  1. Exercise is such an important thing to keep up with, especially for folks (like us) who spend an inordinate amount of time sitting on our behinds.

    I try to run 2-3 times a week depending on how well the knees and back are doing. I also play basketball and flag football on the weekends. I had gained a bunch of weight at one point, and have finally gotten back down to my high school weight (not bad some 15 years later!). I plan to stay that way!

    Keep at it, whatever your routine, and it'll get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to keep a regular post, but sometimes it is much too hard to schedule. Life happens too quickly and too much at my house. I do what I can.

    I'm glad that you are holding yourself accountable to make your goals work for you and getting yourself on track. Best wishes and I will try to keep you motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EJ and Regina:

    Thanks for the support! I am certain I can get back into again! And will keep you all posted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.